Resign?

Here in New York it seems that our long-term governor is in a bit of a fire-storm.

There are currently 4 or 5 women who have stepped forward to say that he made them feel uncomfortable in the workplace.

Which is kind of ironic because we all have to take a class each year to make sure we aren’t harassing everyone. The class was made mandatory under his leadership.

A whole lot of people are stepping up to say that the governor should resign.

“What do you think?” I asked Kathy.

“He asked someone if they were married,” she said. “He cupped a woman’s face with his hands at a wedding. I’m not sure if that rises to the level of abuse.”

And therein lies the problem.

Al Franken was a comedian who made a tasteless joke as a comedian, years before he entered politics. He was forced to resign.

Other get away with abuse for years and years, and they just blow off their accusers, refuse to give DNA, and just go on saying wildly crazy things.

I’ve worked in construction since I was 17 years old. I have heard and told tasteless jokes. I’ve listened to guys say truly brutal things to one another.

I don’t think I’ve ever hurt someone’s feelings and I know my feelings have never been hurt. I’ve been fat-shamed, aged-shamed, gender-shamed and been sworn at using every word that George Carlin included in his dirty words list.

I’ve also flirted with girls at work. Hell, I married a co-worker. Some of the women I’ve worked with have said some of the most brutal things I’ve ever heard.

But times they are a changing.

We have to watch what we say, do and think.

“Through the years I’ve known when someone is creeping,” Kathy said. “It’s happened to every woman in every profession, but you know when it’s weird.”

My thoughts?

People got sick of Cuomo. Many hate him for his gun stance. Others hate him because he comes off as sanctimonious.

He was on television every day and enjoyed the attention. He also wrote a book to take a bow before anyone was actually safe.

The nursing home deaths were also added to his ledger.

I know how Italian-American men act. I am one! He touched a woman’s face at a wedding and made suggestive comments.

I don’t want to ever feel that someone should be fearful or intimidated at work.

I worked for a few verbally abusive bosses. One was an absolute nightmare and that was in the 90’s. That guy called people fat or stupid. He had everyone in the building scared to even show up in the morning.

That’s pure garbage.

So, there will now be a multi-million dollar investigation.

Who knows what will happen.

Maybe he will be forced to resign....

...most everyone has an opinion based on politics.

There are ramifications for all.

I’m kind of glad that I am on construction sites every day where the jokes fly and where feelings are never hurt.

Not yet anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie