Hockey Tickets!

 The Sabres announced that tickets are on-sale for their 4 remaining home dates.

Of course, it’s just a percentage of the arena being used as social distancing is required, so, if you want to go, you better act fast!

Tickets are running from $41 for the cheap seats up to $150 for a close-up look at your heroes.

Last night, they blew a 3-0 lead to lose to the Flyers.

It was their 18th straight loss.

Tied a record!

They will most definitely break that record next time out!

I bring it all up because the Sabres were a team that brought a lot of excitement for me when I was a kid.

Then they had a run when my boys were young. I paid a whole lot of money one year for two playoff tickets for our wedding anniversary and then I let Sam have my seat.

Danny Briere scored in overtime and Sam talked about that moment for the next ten years.

Now?

“The Sabres are winning 3-0.” Gave way to:

“3-1 now. No way they hold this lead.”

“Sabres are still up one!”

I heard a roar of laughter when the Flyers scored the game-winner.

What a shame.

The owners don’t seem to care. The coaches keep getting fired. I couldn’t pick the GM out of a lineup, and in the worst of all things, I couldn’t name 10 of the players if you held a gun to my head.

When I was a kid I knew the birthdays of those players!

We all had our favorite numbers based on what they wore on their jerseys.

Ah well.

Ooh, aah, Sabres on the warpath.

18 straight and counting.

They haven’t won a game in March since 2019.

Oh yeah, there are plenty of good seats still available!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie