Well That Was Nice

I packed two coats for the trip to the Midwest.

The last time I had looked at the weather app there were temps in the 40 for the Kansas City area.

I got off the plane and headed for the car rental bus.

“Whoa, it’s warm!”

The sun was riding high and there wasn’t a cloud to be seen.

The big coat could’ve stayed home.

I took off the hoodie at the first site.

“How the hell warm is it?”

The car had an outside temperature gauge:

70 degrees.

It was warmer the next day.

And as I drove, the sun was starting to aggravate me. I kept moving the visor to block it.

Apple Car Play was feeding me one song after another. I opened the driver’s side window and gulped the air.

Started thinking about golf.

And then the music went off.

I checked the phone which was on the passenger side seat.

“The I-phone is too hot.”

What?

The sun had baked the phone a little bit.

I put it on top of the air conditioner which was full blast.

Heard from back home.

“It’s so cold here.”

We’re just a couple of weeks away from a wonderful spring day back in Buffalo.

I caught a break for a few days.

That was good.

To all the Buffalonians.

70 feels great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie