That Was Different

Saw my siblings and niece and nephews for Easter.

On zoom.

There wasn’t a lot on the meeting agenda...

...just a few insults and smiles hurled from a bunch of different residences.

We shared our menus - everyone was eating pretty well.

I made a huge meal.

Ham, turkey, potatoes, stuffing, asparagus and corn with buttered rolls. There was cake and ice cream.

A big meal, prayers on television and news about the pandemic.

I spoke to a few people on the phone and wrote and answered about 100 texts...

...by 8 p.m., I was pretty worn out.

And it was a strange weekend because on Saturday night I went to bed by 11:00 and after reading for a little while, I fell asleep.

Then I woke up...

...and I felt a wave of sadness.

For those who had died.

For my boys who are looking to me for answers.

I don’t have any.

I felt sad for the people who didn’t know how they were going to eat, or pay the rent.

There was a sadness for those feeling sad.

And I thought about what the news was saying:

May 1st?

June or July?

“When will this before over?” My Mom asked.

I miss seeing my Mom.

“I don’t know.”

“Never in my life,” Mom said.

She didn’t even finish her sentence.

And the news broke that the administration bungled it...

...they did.

There shouldn’t even be a question on whether or not about people not doing their jobs.

People who don’t do the job they were elected to do...

...should never be elected again.

I was sad that there are people out there who are looking for a way to overlook incompetence.

I’ve always told my kids:

“Do your job. Whatever it is. Do it to the best of your abilities. Don’t make excuses. Don’t tell me why you couldn’t do it. Just do your best.”

Easter 2020 won’t soon be forgotten.

Good meal.

Saw the family.

Was as sad as I’ve ever been for an holiday.

“Never in my life.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie