Q Time Fun

Other than a few spins around the block with Melky and the Pair...

...I haven’t left my house in 10 days.

Even the rides were rough when I didn’t feel great, but you don’t want to argue with a 14+ year old dog all day. You think I’m set in my ways??? You haven’t seen her.

How to take up all the time?

1). Don’t over sleep, Don’t over eat, Don’t over anything!

I’ve stayed to my bed and rising time. Like exactly.

“Live a little,” my beautiful wife says, “stay up an extra 15 minutes.”

“Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise,” I answered.

“Well, you’re oh for three. You’re sick. I spent your money and you’re a dumb shit.”

That was funny.

As for the not over-eating part...

...when I struggled with the sickness (and I don’t know what it is? Somedays it felt like just a cold, when I was paranoid I thought about ventilators and all the while I watched the symptoms and prayed to the Rona gods to spare me) I didn’t feel like cooking so we ordered in.

Last Sunday I had cheese ravioli from Olive...err...I shouldn’t disparage...from a fake Italian place and let me tell you...Chef Boyardi came to mind.

The next day was a chicken something or other and I’d had enough.

I cooked our dinners from that point on...

...taking all day to do it...

...washing my hands every time I touched anything.

And we felt much better.

The other don’t over do has to do with television. Kathy is good with putting on a show - any show - that has a lot of episodes that will play one after another.

The show might suck bad!

She doesn’t care.

I’m reading anyway. She’s playing Candy Crush and talking and talking and talking and talking...

...and it plays.

“Can we change this up?” I’ll finally ask.

“I don’t feel like looking.

2). The boy

We bellow for him.

“Sam? You up?”

“I’m up!”

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing!”

He comes out now and again to let the dogs out or allow the cat to roam...

...oh yeah! We have a cat! Well, he does...in his room. Somehow he got roped into getting rid of four cats (a girl was involved - it’s a whole thing) three left quickly...

...Meatball stayed...

...then he changed the cat’s name to Miller - to bust on one of my buddies...

...and lately the name has been Rona or Covid.

Anyway, we hardly see the cat.

Paris loves it. Melky doesn’t even want to hear rumors about it and Meatball Miller Rona cries when Sam steps foot out of his room.

I’ve never in my life owned a cat, but...

“We know anyone looking for a cat?” Kathy asked yesterday.

“He’s staying,” I said.

They both looked at me like I’d lost my mind.

“I mean, isn’t he?”

Poor Sam - he’s bored out of his mind!

He had a beer last night. Since neither Kathy or I drink at all...it just looked weird.

“A beer?”

“He’s twenty,” Kathy said. “He’s locked in his room, hanging with his parents and Meatball. Let him have a beer.”

So.

That’s where we are!

“Now that you’ve been healthy for a few days will you venture back out to the open sites?” Kathy asked.

I’m not sure I will...

...I don’t want to get anyone sick.

Not even Miller.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie