Open All Night

Camp Clifford is highly functional right now...

...and although we have less campers...

...everyone here appears to be having a grand time.

Let’s start with the dogs.

Melky and the Pair are spoiled beyond belief. They are starting to mess with me now.

Because time doesn’t matter to anyone now except the camp counselor!

Melky makes me beg her to go outside. At better than 14 years old her legs don’t work all that well, so I have to help her up and down the stairs. Once I get her out I have to beg her to come in.

Paris always wants to go out. She will stay outside for hours if we let her.

They are both eating double their amount of bones.

As for the two prominent campers...

...time doesn’t matter to them either.

The other night I heard a long conversation taking place.

At 2:40 in the morning.

“What happened?” I asked Kathy the next day. “Sam having a problem?”

“No, why?”

“Cause you were talking about something last night.”

“Yeah, we were talking about what we wanted for dinner.”

Of course, what they’re having for dinner depends on what I cook for them.

“We’re out of lemonade,” one of them will mention, knowing that it’ll be there next time they go looking for it.

As far as I can tell, the camp is open all day and night.

“Just so you know, I’m still up,” Sam texted me at 6:15 one morning.

“Why?” I asked.

“Playing 2K.”

My response has been:

“Okay.”

I can’t yell at him to go to bed because what’s he getting up for?

We’ve had breakfast for dinner, movies and shows on an endless loop, video games and plenty of sleep.

“What’s with those cookie things that are in the freezer?” Sam asked. “Those fair game?”

I’d picked up 3 of them...

...microwave the cookie and add ice cream.

We sat around eating our dessert at 9:00 at night.

“This is good for us,” I said.

“Who cares?” Sam asked.

The endless days of Camp Clifford.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie