All Fired Up

Nowhere to go.

Pure craziness.

The mind plays tricks on you, right?

A lot of people reading this have been conditioned to work and live a certain way.

I also fall into that category.

So, frustration settles in.

This week has been a lot of talking on the phone with owners and supervisors who are concerned about getting back out there.

Some have tried to talk me into telling them that it’s okay.

Others have been pissed because I can’t explain the rules away.

“It’s hard to do construction when men have to be 6’ apart,” one owner said. “So, should I not do it?”

“If you can’t keep guys separated, yeah. Shut it down.”

“How long are these rules going to be in effect?” He asked.

I didn’t answer right away...

...he filled in the blanks...

“How would you know, right?”

“Right.”

“This sucks,” he said.

“So does going on a ventilator.”

Yet, there are certainly moments when I struggle with it. Like when I first wake up. All my life I’ve jumped up out of bed as if the entire world rested on me getting my work done.

Make a plan. Work the plan.

Now my eyes open.

The first thought comes.

“Dogs up and out. Shower. Then? Then?”

“What?”

There are mental health people all over the cable networks now telling us to do all sorts of things to get through the day.

“Take a long walk!”

“Clean out the junk drawer!!”

“Make time to exercise!!!”

You know what happens when I hear those motivational types?

Yeah.

I change the channel.

Of course, I have a little more time to read and write but I’ve been writing a certain way for so long that having extra time to do it every single day isn’t effective either.

At the end of the day, the social distancing seems to be working. In the grand scheme of things it’s just a short time.

Patience is required.

The better we are at this the easier this will be.

We hope!

Bottom line, what you’re feeling isn’t normal...

...watching show after show after show...

...isn’t productive...

Hang in there.

It might get better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie