I Just Don’t Get It


There are protests taking place.

Gun-toting, no-mask-wearing, angry Americans gathering to take their liberties back...

...in the middle of a freaking pandemic!

Where the number of cases continues to grow and the death tally hits an all-time high each day.

We want the country up and running. All of us do.

We understand that the economy needs to grow and that we all have to get back to our lives.

I want baseball back.

I want to play golf and go to restaurants and visit my Mom and siblings and friends.

But at what cost?

Haven’t we seen enough to understand that this is a fatal virus for a great number of people who get it.

So, I just don’t get it!

Where is the rage coming from?

What is a gun going to do?

Why aren’t these people protecting themselves?

When I looked at the photos, I was at an absolute loss.

Trump, of course, has an absolute hand in inciting the violence. His “liberate” tweets on Friday morning were targeted to states with Democratic leaders.

How is this even possible???

The leader of a country is working to divide the people.

And taking up arms to go out and risk their own health to chant death to the doctor in charge of the pandemic team?

Does anyone else understand?

‘Cause I sure don’t.

I am fairly certain of one thing because I have paid attention...

...a lot of those people are going to end up sick...

...or dying...

...because they think it’s a hoax...

...and what a damn shame that will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie