Back In the Saddle (Sort Of)

I was grounded for two full weeks.

Wasn’t a hell of a lot of fun.

Didn’t have to set the alarm to get up on Monday morning...

...I was ready to roll.

At the first job I saw a bunch of guys hanging around together. I yelled at them.

“At least 6’ apart,” I said.

“Dude, you got a better chance at catching the lottery than you do the virus,” one guy said.

“That’s not true,” I said. “And if you want to stay here, you’ll follow the rules.”

So, right back at it. Telling dopes what they need to do to stay healthy. Hoping they listen.

I went to a few different sites...

...didn’t have any conversations that didn’t have something to do with the virus.

What I missed about being out there was what I love about my job.

Walking around a construction site is very comfortable to me. Has been for a lot of years.

Here in Buffalo, I know virtually everyone so it’s always good to see their faces.

I’m just not going to do very well in talking to the people who think it’s a “hoax” or a “weak-ass virus.”

Someone called it that the other day, and I thought about the man I know who died at the age of 52.

He had a number of kids of all ages.

Was married for a lot of years.

He got sick and died all inside a week’s time.

Tell his family that it’s a weak-ass virus.

Mention to them that getting sick is like hitting the lottery.

Buffalo was the topic of conversation in the governor’s talk on Monday.

“Is Buffalo a hotspot?”

They’re saying that the peak number of cases will happen here in the next couple of weeks.

Scary stuff...

...I have one toe dipped back into the pool...

...but it’s going to be a long, long time before it’s normal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie