Re-Opening

Monday was a total surprise...

...way more cars on the road...

...people everywhere.

“Did I miss a memo?” I wondered.

I didn’t think that the New York Pause was supposed to end until May 15th...

...but here we are.

Jobs have plenty of guys on them. Some wearing coverings, others faking it.

“Why didn’t you make it mandatory to wear respirators?” One guy asked me.

“I can’t. Per OSHA rules if it’s mandatory then the company has to pay for medical and fit tests.”

“Hasn’t New York made it mandatory?”

“Not a respirator, but a covering.”

I started to walk away.

“What happens if someone is sick here because an employer is forcing him to come back early. Who’s liable?”

“I don’t know.”

And the pressure is coming from the other side...

...employers trying to get their employees back.

“The lazy bastards are making more on unemployment than they would be working.”

“They aren’t supposed to be working yet,” I said.

One owner called it this way:

“These bunch of pussies are hiding under their bed because of the flu? Are we all going to cower over someone getting sick?”

“There have been 55,000 deaths in 6 weeks,” I said.

“So what? Those are people who are weak. We’re all becoming lazy assholes cause they want to own Trump.”

For good measure there were a few other unspeakable words there.

I was stunned to silence.

“I’ve had enough of this shit!”

I walked away.

Yeah.

This re-opening should be real smooth.

What a disaster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie