Dumbest Comment Ever?

By now you know exactly what I’m referencing by the title of this post.

Let me set the scene:

We were watching a Netflix show called ‘Money Heist’ - it was described to me as ‘it’s all right’ and that would be my review as well. Not bad, not great. It will pass the time and keep us from watching the daily briefings.

But I was on Twitter.

“Trump just wondered if injecting bleach would work to kill the virus,” I said.

“No he didn’t,” Kathy said. “Someone is messing with you.”

The clip was already up.

I played it.

For the next half an hour or so we were in disbelief.

“That’s the dumbest damn thing I’ve ever heard someone say,” Kathy said. “He’s supposed to be a leader. I can’t believe it.”

And all through the evening I watched social media blow up. The jokes, the fights, the pro-Trump people fighting with the anti-Trump people...

...and I couldn’t get over one single thing:

That it was a colossally dumb think to muse about.

Yet, when I opened my eyes on Friday morning I was aware of three things:

1). The GOP would be silent. They would pretend to have not heard the comment, or they would hide from the media.

2). There would be some who might try and DEFEND what he said. They would pull a small nugget of truth out of a medical procedure or two that said something about something that had a degree of something about injecting toxins. They would say, “I think he’s onto something here!”

3). Finally, there would be Trump’s spin on it. He would either deny ever saying it, or he’d blame someone else. Like the media, or the people who were listening to it.

So, a very exciting day!

All three things happened.

And it was infuriating for awhile because it’s epically stupid.

Then I read an article about what the presidency is all about right now. The reporting showed that Trump spends his mornings watching television and heads down to work around noon.

He makes a few calls and then stands up at his briefing and riffs. He blames the CDC, the WHO, Obama and the Democrats.

Then he shines a light on the amazing, incredible, tremendous, brilliant job that he’s doing.

Then he throws it open to questions where he destroys those who ask him anything remotely critical.

It’s all really sad.

His day ends where it began:

In front of the television where he rages at all who have the audacity to criticize.

Sad, disgusting and downright stupid.

“Yeah,” I said. “That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard an adult say.”

So, that’s where we’re at.

Are we great now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie