Half-Throttle

It appears as if we are forever stuck in the week between Christmas and New Year’s.

I’ve been back out there for awhile now and it’s all so weird.

Everyone has an opinion.

“This mask isn’t protecting me anyway,” a guy told me yesterday. “The virus can penetrate the surgical masks that we are given so what difference does it make if I wear it over my face and nose or just wear it on my chin.”

He thought he had a point.

“The rules of the site are to wear it over your mouth and nose. I don’t care if you think it doesn’t protect you. That has zero impact on whether or not I throw you off the site. So, either follow the site rules or you can sit on your couch with it on your chin where you can spew your intellect to your dog or cat. It’s up to you.”

Then there are the guys who don’t believe any of it.

“The people out there demonstrating are heroes,” another guy said. “They’re calling attention to the charade. When this is all over you’ll see that there weren’t 40,000 deaths. That’s a made up figure. There aren’t even funerals. Isn’t that interesting? All the dead people and zero funerals.”

I didn’t even to respond to that.

It’s too stupid to even digest.

And Steven Van Zandt, the brilliant guitarist from the E-Street Band summed it up the best:

“We’re too fu**ing stupid to survive this pandemic.”

He might be right.

There was a sign promoting one of the protests:

“Come and save our freedoms!
No masks are needed!
Come even if you’re sick!”

In Georgia you can go and get your haircut, can go bowling, or get a tattoo.

Their apparently clueless governor (who didn’t know it was contagious until the middle of March) is now confident that the numbers might go up...

...but the economy is more important.

Yeah.

Little Steven is right.

And we’re stuck between Christmas and New Years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie