One Long Day

Millions more filed for unemployment.

The briefings have devolved into mud-slinging and finger-pointing and arguments about a timeline that can’t be explained.

I read a long article about vivid dreams and how they’re being reported all across the land. I read it because I’ve been having them too.

It’s not because I’ve been sleeping any longer...

...I’ve stuck to my routine, but the dreams I recalled on Thursday all had Coronavirus details mixed in.

And I’m concerned because I think people are getting antsy.

I see more conspiracy theories in the twitter timeline...

...the elite are trying to shut down society or the election or Trump...

...it all depends on which angle you’re seeing it from.

But has there ever been a more, ‘it is what it is’ situation?

And today is Good Friday.

I have so many fond memories of Holy Week and the altar boy tasks from my past.

We did the stations of the cross for hours back then.

A lot of praying.

I’ve seen some dumb things that are tied to religion. Some are saying that God is mad because of the homosexuals or abortion or because Trump was elected.

He came up with the virus to pay us all back.

Former Fox host Bill O’Reilly said the most callous and heartless things by claiming that the people who have died had one foot out the door already.

Being angry about it is wasted energy.

Trying to put your own spin on all of it may be pointless as well.

Springsteen out on a radio show on Wednesday...

...he said one of the most overwhelmingly true things.

“I miss baseball,” he said.

Me too.

They took golf off the list yesterday.

A bunch of my contractors have called me to see if I could help them to somehow figure out a way for them to open their jobs again.

And here we sit...

...one day slides into the next.

If God is mad at us for some reason...

...I’m hoping he lightens up soon.

Right after Bill O’Reilly comes down with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie