In These Trying Times

Every single commercial is now starting the same way.

Some of the introductory words change but they are basically all the same:

“In these trying times we know that you’re just looking for some certainty and you’re thinking about how to best survive.”

Then they try and sell their product.

I hate fake sympathy.

I also can’t stand when I walk into a huge business - think Walmart and they ask me to round up my change or give $1 or $2 or $5 to help whatever cause they choose.

You’re basically printing money...

...you donate it!

And back in early 2017...

...about 2 weeks into the presidency I asked a buddy of mine...

...how we could possibly maintain this pace.

“People aren’t going to want to spend every day thinking about the presidency.”

“It’ll lighten up,” that buddy said.

It hasn’t in more than 3.5 years.

I’ve been asking the same sort of question lately...

...how long can we live a life of despair here.

People are dying.

I know a man who lost his life to Covid-19.

I also lost two friends to cancer...

...wasn’t able to pay my respects.

Kids aren’t preparing for prom or graduation.

A large portion of the population isn’t working.

Money is tight.

The economy is heading to Great Depression depths.

The “leader” is wondering about injecting isopropyl alcohol to disinfect the body from the inside, and also pondering on whether or not you can blast it out by using ultraviolet rays.

In these trying times???

You think?

In all the days of my life I’ve often started my days by thinking:

“Did the Yankees win?”

And then planning out my day.

Now?

I think about these trying times.

And the only thing that’s sure is that there will be chaos.

From 2017 thru April of 2020.

Horribly trying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie