And Now It’s Snowing

I need to go on the record here...

...the reopening of the country is going to be a disaster.

I’ve always considered it like Nielsen Ratings. The little portion I see of the world on a daily basis gives me a glimpse into the rest.

People are going to step out of their homes and go right back at it. Maybe they’ll be cautious for a day or two, but soon enough...

...social distancing will go by the way side...

...the hand-washing will lessen.

We will hear that we beat the big, bad virus and our head cheerleader will start talking about the roaring economy...

...and people will continue to get sick.

And die.

The talk of curves and flattening and second waves will bury us and we will be quarantined again.

Those of us who survive.

I know that sounds awfully cynical but I’ve spent every waking day trying to tell men and women that they shouldn’t do something that might injure or kill them.

Human nature tells them that “it won’t happen to me”.

Therefore, the collective guard will be dropped and since there’s a tremendous leadership void and because what was the gospel truth on Monday will be a proven lie by Tuesday...

...a lot more Americans will die.

I hope I’m wrong, but after dinner on Wednesday (I had pasta and they ordered in - as we have every single Wednesday in the history of our family) and I felt a little of the old routine.

“2020 has been an odd year,” Sam said.

As he did, I looked out the back window.

A heavy snow was falling!

Big snowflakes and the ground was being covered.

“What the hell is going on?” I yelled out. “What’s next, locusts?”

Sam laughed.

“It’s been weird, right? They keep sending me checks. I don’t even know what to do with any of the money. I have more money than ever because I can’t spend anything!”

Sleep is weird.

Work is strange.

There’s no baseball.

The daily rants of an unstable man are being televised...

...and now it’s snowing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie