Thoughts From the Pepper Party!

We had a subdued, but exciting pepper party.

I’m not sure how many years we’ve gone now, but I certainly put in a decent effort. My peppers had prosciutto, tomatoes, pork sausage and 3 different cheeses. I wrapped some bacon around them for fun, and I tried one at home before the event.

Good!

Good doesn’t win that pepper prize.

My nephew Tony came in 2nd. My Buddy Pops son, Nathan came in 3rd. Freaking Pops took Home his 3rd title.

We had a cornhole and a scat tourney and Corinne and Chucky were terrific hosts. Corinne buys prizes that mean a lot to the winners...

...all thoughtful gifts.

Where it went wrong for me?

I got a couple of really hot peppers right off the bat. I usually don’t get hurt by hot stuff, but it put a damper on things.

Life is easy with the family.

“Nothing feels better than blood on blood.”

And pulling into the park, Bruce chimed in with:

“We are alive.”

We pulled the cornhole teams out of a hat.

I got Corinne as a teammate and we got eliminated quickly, but had a bunch of laughs.

Carrie and John were teamed up and took the title after winning their games on the beautiful board that another buddy, Jeff Renaldo made as a grand prize for a previous tournament prize.

The North Collins park is an important place in my life and I look all around whenever I’m there.

I played a hundred softball games there. The tournament for Jeff. I got married in right field. Strawberry festivals, hanging out with girls I liked back in high school...

...getting tipped over in the port-a-lav.

That wasn’t a fun memory.

There was some limping around.

I ate about half the peppers I normally eat...

...but the people I love were there...

...and the kids placed...

...in a contest that was Jeff and Corinne’s idea...

...a long time ago.

Freaking Popple.

His buddy would be proud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie