Jack Of All Trades

I grabbed an old book from deep off my shelves.

“The Long Goodbye” by Raymond Chandler. A Philip Marlowe detective story.

I’ve been reading some of the old classics that I haven’t read in years, but this isn’t about the book. When I opened it, a business card fluttered out.

Randy Datno.

It wasn’t a classic business card, instead it listed his profession as:

“Professional musician and certified hypnotist and life coach.”

That covered a whole lot of ground.

Below that were his rates:

$40.00 an hour.

On the reverse of the card his menu of services was offered:

“Trumpet lessons, piano lessons, hypnosis therapy, tarot card readings, Massage therapy, life coach consultant and finally, professional consultant services.”

There wasn’t an email address, just a phone number.

I was tempted to call the number.

Ask about the trumpet lesson.

Yet, I kind of respected the guy’s ambitions.

Whatever you needed...

...he was the man!

I’m wondering if you could mix and match.

“I’d like a massage and to be hypnotized so I could play the trumpet.”

Curiosity was getting the better of me.

Is he still out there?

Did the business take off?

I may eventually call the number.

He’s a Jack of All Trades.

Just $40 an hour!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie