Crashing

It sits there in the back of my mind.

I ignore it for the most part, as I concentrate on music, or sports, or the massive amounts of work I put in front of myself.

But it’s there.

I’m reminded every now and again when I happen upon a news story, or a tweet, or a stray conversation.

I haven’t seen a MAGA hat on a live person in a long, long time, but I hear that his approval rating is siting at every 4 out of 10.

And I know we are heading for the crash site.

Back in about February of 2017, I remember thinking:

“We can’t sustain this. We can’t entertain his every rant. We will stop caring.”

And we have.

People were shocked with the tweet calling his former reality co-star a ‘Dog.’

I kinda’ laughed.

Shocking!

He is what we thought he was!

We’re heading to the debris filled fields of the crash site.

America is really suffering.

The tax cut was a money grab for the rich.

The GOP that was supposed to keep him in check is a field of crickets.

He’s gearing up to try and fire the people who are checking his crimes, the heads of the departments of law and justice...

...and we’re all trying to block it out.

Pretending to be horrified or shocked or lining up behind him.

Make no mistake, though...

...we are crashing.

Let’s hope there are survivors...

...and it’s not just Putin...

...picking through the debris.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie