Summer Fading Away?

It’s supposed to be 99 degrees in Buffalo, on August 29th.

It’s a little weird to think about, but Buffalo has never had a 100-degree day.

May as well get there, right?

I have not once complained about the heat this summer. I remembered how miserable I felt all through the winter.

“God, this sucks,” one guy mentioned, on a site. “I’ve been sweating my ass off all day.”

I enjoy the sun on my face, the girls in their summer clothes, and being outside. When the sun shines it’s hard to stay too down for too long.

But here we are.

“Who are the Bills going to start at QB?” Is the number one question being discussed.

“Peterman, is my guess.”

I may tune in to the first game just to see, but it’s going to be a long year...

...check this space tomorrow for my annual football picks!

But I feel some sadness.

“The farmers are saying it might be a mild winter,” another guy said. “I want some snow!”

“You’re an idiot,” I answered.

Yet, I did live in California one year.

On December 15th, I played hoops in shorts and then went for a swim in the outdoor pool.

That didn’t feel right either.

But there’s still plenty left in 2018...

...the baseball playoffs will be fun...

...we have mid-term elections...

...Mueller is working on his report...

Maybe the start of an impeachment!

Or more arrests!!

A Yankees title.

Then Thanksgiving and Christmas.

And snow on my car, in my driveway and every freaking place else.

Take your time, September...

I ain’t ready yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie