Yanked

Giuliani got booed heartily at Yankee Stadium on his birthday on Monday.

On Tuesday, ABC canceled the highest-rated show of the year because Roseanne sent a nasty, racist tweet.

So.

Maybe the tide is turning.

And there was an instant backlash regarding the firing of Roseanne. Some saying that she was free to say what she wants, and that it was simply a joke.

I laughed a little when I realized that some who are upset are the same ones who say that NFL players can’t kneel in their workplace.

Here’s the rub.

I always liked the Roseanne show.

I was raise on sitcoms and I like the ones that are decent. There are a number of good actors on the show. Roseanne isn’t one of them, but her loudmouth act was once funny.

Jokes are jokes and entertainment is open to artists who straddle the line, but you can’t take potshots at people and compare them to apes.

That’s a racist remark every time...

...and it’s disgusting.

Roseanne is in a bit of trouble now I would imagine, I don’t know how she works again, and she’s off the rails all the way...

...what does she do now?

I’m thinking it’ll get worse from here.

Can you imagine?

I’m not sure what everyone was getting paid, but it was a very high-rated show, and they had to be getting a good paycheck.

At 2:45 in the morning, she sends out a tweet...

...and it’s over.

People do a whole bunch to tear their own lives apart.

To be fair, I only saw 2 episodes of the new show.

I thought it was good.

They could have made it for a bunch more years...

...all she had to do was shut up....

...or at least be a human.

She couldn’t.

And that should just about do it for her career.

You get what you get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie