Happy Mother’s Day!

My beautiful wife doesn’t look at her phone very often.

She hardly ever answers it.

(Drives me nuts).

One night we were watching a movie when Jake came out to say he was going to play basketball.

About 5 minutes later, he texted me.

“Can you have Mom call me?”

She called.

He was having a minor problem with the car.

“Why didn’t he ask me?” I asked.

“‘Cause I’m Mom. I solve their problems.”

And that’s certainly the truth.

It’s actually the way it was around my house growing up as well.

Dad was the guy who laid down the laws...

...but Mom was where we went when things got tough.

This has been a cool year because Kathy and Mom have spent a lot of time together playing Bingo.

I make the sauce and we eat afterwards, but why it all means so much to me is because my Mom and my Dad’s Mom played a lot of Bingo together as well.

The more things change.

And it’s kind of cool to see two great mothers hanging out and having fun.

Happy Mother’s Day to all!

All of us Dad’s know what you do day in and day out to keep the kids happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie