Special Year?

There are a lot of peaks and valleys in a baseball season.

A good season can turn into a soap opera with injuries, trades and tough games and long nights.

I understand that when a team is hot...

...they can go in the tank at anytime.

Take the start of the year:

Boston started 17-2.

They’re 5-9 since.

Yankees are on a roll now.

It’s not that easy, but they look great. The one thing they have is depth. A whole bunch of good players.

They also appear to be having fun, and while you can hate each other and win (‘77 & ‘78 Yanks did), when they appear to like each other...

...it’s a great distraction.

I do a lot of reading, writing and relaxing as I watch, but I also check out the other games.

Follow the soap opera.

I know a lot of people don’t even look at baseball until it gets close to playoff time...

...I was raised differently, I guess.

Back at the big house in North Collins the game would be on about 5 different televisions.

Every game.

For years.

Will it be a memorable year?

No way of knowing...

...but it’s always relaxing to me.

Last night they took and blew a 5-run lead.

What a game!

“The season is too long,” I hear.

I wish it was longer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie