Patriots???

So, the NFL is now all about making sure that the players don’t disrespect the flag because, you know...

...the troops.

Has nothing to do with the fact that their ratings dropped, or the guy who may or may not have colluded with a foreign government (he did) wanted the flag respected. After all, conspiring with foreign governments may or may not be a crime (it is).

Anyway.

This is what bugs me about it.

We are yanking at the threads of all the things that we used to respect as rights.

I’ve said it before. I wouldn’t have knelt for the anthem, and I wondered what the end game was for all of them. There was no way to be painted as anything else but a bad guy.

Yet, I live in America and it’s my choice! I want to have the choice to protest or not.

And like it or not, a group of black men felt the need to protest police brutality against black men.

The NFL could’ve stopped it all with a workplace rule, and here’s the rub...

...none of this would’ve ever happened, but the NFLwanted to sell patriotism. They charged the armed forces to be featured in the pregame ceremonies. They brought the teams out and stood them along the sidelines.

And now, they are pretending that they actually care about the flag.

But it got worse, on Thursday morning, as it usually does when Trump chimes in.

He isn’t totally satisfied!

He doesn’t care for players who may stay in the locker room and out of his view.

Everyone should be standing with their hand over their heart...

...or they can get out!

Deportation for protest?

Seriously?

And people are behind that stance?

Maybe we need to have another class on America and our rights.

We have the right to peacefully protest.

The NFL also has the right to set workplace rules.

They did.

And now we have a fight all set to go:

Really rich old white guys versus rich black guys.

It will all escalate.

Know who I’m rooting for?

I’m not telling you.

But either way I feel about it:

That’s my right.

And I certainly shouldn’t be deported for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie