Happy Anniversary!

Another year has passed...

...she’s still here!

Who had the over on me being married for more than 20 years?

‘Cause now we’re at 21!

And what we do by way of celebration has something to do with what day of the week our anniversary falls on.

“What are we doing?” Kathy asked.

“Bingo?” I asked.

“Really? You want to go to Bingo again?”

“No,” I said. “I went last week. I’m good for about 10 years.”

But the thing about our lovely marriage is that I may wind up at Bingo.

We know what we like.

We know what the other person hates, and depending upon how we feel...

...we use that information.

Twenty-one years is a long time, but it moves pretty quickly when you’re busy with everything.

I wish I had a dime for every message sent asking:

“Take anything out for dinner?”

I also wish I had a few stories that she hasn’t heard yet.

I think she wishes that when someone says:

“Would I?” In a show or movie, that I didn’t say:

“Would I? Big ears!”

Another of her favorites is when someone is carrying a cup in a show and I say:

“There’s nothing in that cup.”

“I know!”

And it’s funny how love changes in a long-term relationship. I remember writing about it in “Blind Spot” when the main character tells his wife:

“When you’re standing there getting married you’re dreaming of all the great things in life, but the person you really need is the one who will be there when life is hard.”

That’s unbelievably true.

We’ve really had to battle these last 10 or so years. Sadness. Rough health. Kids driving us nuts. Demanding jobs. Dinner every night.

Life.

And 21 years in...

...I’m very happy that I made the right decision.

(I’ll let you know how Bingo goes).

To my beautiful wife!

Happy Anniversary!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie