Homeland

To be fair, I love Claire Danes.

I have for a long, long time...

...back to when she was in “My So Called Life.”

She’s the best actress in the business. It’s not even close. She is simply amazing in expression. She can cry in an instant, and when she smiles at her child you can see the motherly love.

(I told you that I loved her).

Well, this year’s season of Homeland was exceptional.

As per usual, the season mirrored the real life garbage in the political world with Americans split in half because of Russian interference.

Halfway through the year they showed just how Russia was able to infiltrate our country.

It angered me to my soul.

Because although it was just a television show, I knew that it was true, and that what happened was a threat to our democracy.

The show also portrayed the horrors of the radio and television talk show hosts who worked so hard to sew divisions.

That’s been going on for a long while here.

Watch the telling of the same story on the two “competing” networks.

CNN and MSNBC will cover a story completely differently than FOX.

And we have all paid a dear price...

...there are huge, gaping divisions in our streets.

In the show, the Russian infiltration was made possible by Americans who were traitors to their country in an effort to enhance their party.

We are currently looking into whether or not that has happened in real life.

Depends on which network you listen to as to what you think about that.

I guess we will see how that plays out.

Yet, what got to me was the speech that the fictional president made in the last episode in a last-ditch effort to save the democracy.

“Russia has been attacking us, one way or another, since 1950, and they made every effort, in this past year to divide us again. They did.”

Those were the words that hit me hard.

It wasn’t fake news.

It isn’t a witch hunt.

Russia worked to disrupt our country, and succeeded in creating that division.

That should horrify ALL of us.

I’m not blaming anyone but the Russians here!

Doesn’t it piss you off?

It should!

It really upset Carrie (Claire Danes) and Saul (Mandy Patikin)

And that’s enough for me!

Nobody messes with Claire....

...but seriously...

...Russia attacked us (with or without help)...

...and whether you vote with an R or a D next to your name..

...whether you get your news from Hannity or Wolf Blitzer..

We are America.

We should stand United.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie