Valentine's Day

There won't be any Valentine's exchanged here at Camp Clifford.

Neither of us really care about such things.

(At least that's what my beautiful wife told me to say).

But actually, it is true.

Flowers?

"Waste of money," she'd say.

Candy?

"I can buy my own candy."

Love doesn't have to stand on such ceremony...

...especially this many years in.

But there will be Valentine's consideration.

I'll make breakfast and dinner.

"Your freaking breakfast is ready," will be how I call my love to the table.

We will clean up, prepare for the week ahead and catch a movie or a few shows.

The idea of exchanging Valentine's is probably for those who are still trying to impress one another.

I think that the longer it goes...

...the less you work on the impressing one another aspects of all of it.

Besides, after a certain amount of time...

...you've kind of already bought all the gifts possible.

But then again...perhaps I'm reading it all wrong.

Maybe Kathy wants a Valentine.

What should I do?

There's no time left to buy something thoughtful.

But...

...We have tickets to see Springsteen in 11 days...

...I'll give her one of those and say 'Happy Valentine's Day.'

See?

I'm covered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie