Mom & Dad Go Bowling

I have long conversations with Mom at least a couple of times a week.

They are great conversations about what is going on in the world and slowly but surely she has opened the window into a lot of what went on in the days when we were all growing up.

"You kids drove us nuts..you were always battling back and forth," she told me one day.

So...it would stand to reason that they needed to blow off some steam from time to time.

Of course they did.


They came in third place in the Scotch Doubles Bowling Tournament.

What's funny is that I recognized nearly every single couple on the leader board - small-town life is awesome - and I also recall the nights when they would head out to compete.

Because we would have a babysitter...

...whom we would terrorize...

...with our Fuzzy-ness.

(I don't know what they were being paid for an hour of their time, but it wasn't worth it!).

I also remember the trophy.

They received a trophy for their lofty finish.

When I finished reading the article I thought about Mom and Dad at the lanes.

Dad telling jokes.

Mom laughing at them along with everyone else.

Their friends all around them.

The drinks flowing.

Early in our marriage we had tried bowling with my siblings.

It was fun...

...but I drank way too much with John, Jim, Chuck, Dana, Lynn, Corinne and Jeff.

The Fuzzy-ness.

But, man, we had laughed as well.

There weren't any trophies for my bowling performance.

No recaps in the paper.

John and Lynda Fazzolari.

I love reading those names.

Congrats on the big finish!

(Diane, Frank, John...all the parents were there!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie