Sell Your Principles

Chris Christie endorsed Donald Trump for president yesterday.

You know Christie... he's the rotund governor of New Jersey.

The guy who explained to the world that Trump was unfit to hold the highest office in the land.

Christie claimed that Trump was lying when he said that Muslims were celebrating in New Jersey following the attacks on 9/11.

Christie also defended Muslim-Americans when Trump talked deportation.

I remember thinking that perhaps Christie had some real principles.

I should've known better.

Now I understand that Christie is a member of the Republican party.

Trump, unbelievably looks like the winning candidate.

Does Christie want to be on the ticket?

Is that what it takes to abandon your principles?

I also understand that all politicians are frauds of epic proportions... some more so than others... but don't most people stay true to themselves?

I have a whole bunch of thoughts on a number of subjects.

Ask anyone who knows me.

I never shut up... on nearly every subject.

But here's the thing:

If I think something through and decide on a conviction I'm going to stick with it.

No matter what.

It takes a lot of convincing to get me to break down and admit that I'm dead wrong.

It would take an act of God to get me to join forces with someone who stood for something that was 180 degrees away from what I had been thinking.

It just disappoints me that some people really don't stand for anything.

You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Christie is fond of saying that he's the world's biggest Springsteen fan.

Well that appears to be a physical status only...

...he knows absolutely nothing about some of the principles that Bruce writes about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty