I'm So Worried


Why do we worry so much?

I really find myself doing it way too much these days when the kids are out of the house.

"Did you text Jake?" I'll ask.

I know, for sure, that it's a by-product of my lunatic wife and my slightly neurotic mother-in-law, but I am caught up in the whirlwind of their nervousness.

I find that I'll text Sam or Jake a joke...

...just so they respond when they're out and about.

There are even times when I'll go to bed without knowing exactly when they will be home.

When I wake in the morning I'll look at the phone and seeing it come up blank I'll know that nothing happened.

Then I stop worrying.

My friend Kim posted a meme about worrying last week...how it's like sitting in a rocking chair...it passes the time, but you don't get anywhere.

It's true.

"What are you worried about?"

Worrying takes you out of the moment.

It tears down your mood.

It keeps you from the task at hand.

And it accomplishes absolutely nothing.

But I'm caught in the vortex from time-to-time.

I know people who worry about things that are absolutely out of their control.

Like ISIS.

Or Wall Street.

Or what happens if Trump becomes president?

Or if the Yankees starting 5 will hold up.

You know what happens?

Nothing!

You deal with it!

When it happens.

Worrying about if it happens...

...is crazy.

Are the boys home?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie