Supreme Confidence

I didn't watch a whole lot of Cam Newton through the year.

Part of that was because I watched a whole lot less football this year, but also, there wasn't much by way of Panthers football here in AFC East country.

People were raving about his performance though...my boys included...and there was a lot of talk about how much fun he was having.

Celebrating just about everything!

Now I'm not much into the bat flipping and showing up of opponents, but there has been a lot of talk about how confident the Panthers have been all week and how business-like the Broncos have been.

Watch out Panthers!

The Bills thought they would have an easy time with the Giants in the Bowl 25 years ago...and we remember how that played out.

There are some real similarities.

Anywhoha...

This isn't just about football...

...it's about confidence!

Confidence is a tricky thing.

Some people might think you're being arrogant.

I remember guys always saying...back a long time ago...during the dating stage...that women liked confident men.

I'd try to be confident...in the bar scene...but I was always scared to death to ask women out.

(Yeah...you'd never guess that given the unbelievable catch that I landed...but there was a time...when I was nervous around the fairer sex).

You must've known confident guys though...they would get the girls too.

But confidence is a required skill in all walks of life.

I'm a very confident public speaker...

...I've noticed nervous public speakers.

They don't usually do very well.

Yet what happens when the confident guy is hit in the mouth?

I thought of that when Trump lost in Iowa.

His speech the very next day seemed odd.

But then...

...a day later he was confident again.

Confidence in the face of reality is a weird thing too though.

I'm wondering what might happen to that huge smile that Cam displays if Denver gets after him as they did Brady a couple of weeks ago.

Confidence can only take you so far...

...eventually actions have to take over.

Some of those guys back in the bar learned that the hard way.

Remember...

...the meek shall inherit, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie