The Trip Out West - Part 1

We almost missed the connecting flight.

The more lesiurely of the two of us lost their focus in the Chicago airport and arrived at the gate about 40 seconds before the doors closed.

The less leisurely of us about had a seizure.

But no harm, no foul.

In fact, there was a certain amount of decompression necessary on the part of the less leisurely one.

And that was the plan.

No big agenda.

What do you want to do replacing what do you need to do.

So we spent a lot of time thinking about where we wanted to eat and decided on Grimaldi's because:

It was close.

And we didn't need to dress up.

(Dressing up is difficult when you're wearing two different sneakers. I left in a rush and slid my feet into the place where my sneakers usually are. Unbeknownst to me one of the boys sneakers was close to one of mine. So I'm wearing one of Jake's shoes and one of my shoes).

Anywhoha...

The sun was out.

And I'm talking...it seemed really bright!

We found our room in Tempe and traveled the short ride to Scottsdale for dinner.

Early this morning we ran into a couple...

...about our age...

...who were in town for the Clemson-Alabama game.

We talked about their kids who are almost out of the house and our kids who may be ruining the house.

As we were parting they introduced themselves.

"John and Linda."

I laughed.

I even asked the woman if she spelled 'Lynda' with a 'Y' as it is supposed to be spelled.

There was a rainbow beyond his left shoulder.

"Isn't that weird?" I asked Kathy as they were walking away.

"They're going horseback riding today after they take a jeep tour through Sedona."

That sounded like a bit much to the not-so-leisurely guy.

"What do you want to do?" Kathy asked.

Mellencamp is in town - at the stadium - there is free entry.

We might go.

After we visit the shoe store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie