The Trip Out West - Final Day

The trip was going to culminate in another long presentation at an insurance captive event.

I have a unique job at this event because I spoke there last year and made everyone laugh.

They asked me to do it again and put me in the coveted last speech of the day spot.

I was actually introduced as a stand-up comedian.

Which was great.

I had honed the material for the better part of two months, going over the punchlines in my head.

All new stuff.

And it absolutely killed!

"I almost pissed myself," a guy from Wyoming said.

Another guy said that his ribs hurt from laughing.

Perfect!

And the best part of all of it was that Kathy was in attendance and got a chance to see the act...

...Why not?...she's prominently featured in it and her fire story brought the house down.

By the end of the night I had been asked if I was interested in speaking in at least four new spots...

...Perhaps!

It's tough to work into the schedule, but this trip was much needed after a tough fall and early winter.

And the laughs are always welcome.

Following the event we all headed to a bowling alley.

A jovial night for a whole bunch of people who work hard during the year.

And there were offers to head out to other Vegas night spots.

"What do you want to do?" I asked Kathy.

"They have a theatre here, we can go to a movie."

It sounded all right to me.

Just relax.

The hell with the gambling, drinking, carousing.

Except once Kathy went to the room to retrieve her phone, she had a different idea.

"Why don't we just rent a movie in the room?"

I laughed.

Big Vegas adventure.

The best part?

She fell asleep and missed the end of the movie.

Maybe we're a little old for this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie