Just Walking Around

Life is a bitch.

Returned from the Vegas/Arizona speaking gigs feeling pretty good.

Had last weekend to rest a little more.

Late Sunday night I mentioned to my beautiful wife that my ankle was suddenly sore.

Woke up Monday morning and couldn't put my foot on the floor.

Ever since the hip surgery I have ligaments that like to swell up on their own.

Don't ask.

I wrapped the ankle as tight as I could and stumbled down and got my work boots. The dogs watched in deep concern as I loosened the boot as much as I could and then stuffed my foot into it.

I cried a little when my foot hit the bottom.

Then I laced the shoe up.

At 6:30 on Monday morning, sitting on the steps I was hit with a deep thought:

I can't work if I can't walk.

But my foot was now in the boot.

I stood up slowly.

The dogs were encouraged.

I remembered putting the boot on.

I wasn't about to take it off.

So I went to work.

7 job sites. 15 clients.

I stumbled back in the house at around 3:30 and headed to the computer to write the reports.

Kathy had secured the anti-inflammatory drug that I needed.

"How bad was it?"

"The first two sites were horrendous. I almost passed out. The middle four were okay and the last one was rough."

"Idiot," was all she said.

The rest of the week was nearly as rough...a bit of improvement each day until I was actually without pain on Friday.

"How'd the week go?" Someone asked me on Saturday morning.

"Good," I responded.

I was just out walking around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie