New Year's Resolutions

So we got to kicking around what we aspired to be in 2016.

My beautiful wife promised to answer her phone.

That might sound weird to all of us who hold our phone in our hands and text, talk and email. Kathy never cared for such immediacy.

Even when her calls come through she usually winds up hanging up on me, by accident.

"Sam is going to keep his room clean," Kathy said.

Sam looked at me and shrugged.

"Your resolution is to give better answers when I ask you a question," she said to me.

"No it's not," I said.

But I must say that the new year has inspired me to try and make a couple of changes.

It is true...I can be a little impatient when I'm thrown off the course I've set for myself on any given day.

I would try not to get aggravated so easily.

I made it until about 9 a.m. on Monday.

But then I tried to talk my way through it.

I argued with the voice in my head.

I actually won the argument!

2016 is going to be spectacular!

But truthfully, it had better warm up quickly or the New Years resolution won't last long.

People go through it every year:

Lose weight.

Eat better.

Exercise more.

Argue less.

Be more organized.

We're gonna' make it all the way to February!

Now if I could just get Kathy to answer the phone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie