Rock Stars Dying

I guess that it is inevitable.

Clarence Clemens died.

George Harrison died.

John Lennon and Elvis...

...And now David Bowie is dead and so is Glenn Frey of the Eagles.

Everyone but Keith Richards it seems.

Or Pete Townsend who wrote:

"I hope I die before I get old."

He probably doesn't hope that anymore.

It's pretty sad, actually.

I mentioned that I liked Bowie.

I admit that I like the Eagles too.

In fact, back in the late 70's the Eagles were a pretty cool band to be into.

It's weird.

Most of those guys had the big hair, the reputation for intoxication and they made all that money!

And both Bowie and Frey died young...

...cancer and pneumonia!

Not all that glamorous.

All that money didn't save them.

After Bowie's death was announced I listened to a few of his songs that I have on my i-pod...

...it seemed different somehow.

But think of having that much of a legacy.

Their songs will be played for years and years.

John Lennon has been dead for...what...35 years?

His voice still sounds young.

He's still a rock star.

"You're gonna' be a mess if Bruce goes," Sam said.

"Don't even say it!"

"He's like 80 now, isn't he?" Jake chided.

I left the room.

Rock stars shouldn't die.

Because there aren't any good music makers coming up behind them.

No worries though...

...Bruce played for over three and a half hours on the opening night of his most recent tour.

Yet recently Bruce was asked about why he was putting out new music at a faster clip:

"I see the light of the approaching train," he said.

Bowie saw it too.

And released a record two days before he moved on.

As all rock stars should do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie