Who You Voting For?

There was no way the topic was going to be ignored.

The subject of The Donald came up about halfway through the Christmas Party.

"He's gonna' make America great again," one of my nephews said.

I didn't want any part of it.

My goal for the upcoming year is to not get into any lengthy debates on social media...

...God help me if I have to argue with someone in public.

"Get away from me," I said.

But the truth of the matter is that I was born to argue...and a little while later...

The Donald...

...came up again.

"When he's the president he's gonna' throw everyone out who doesn't belong!"

I tried to explain the dynamics of a big city.

"In New York, you ride in a subway car with people from about 11 different countries," I said. "People don't fight. All of the different cultures mix."

"Not after Trump gets in! All white!!"

My brother-in-law is a funny guy. He can stir up laughter at a crash scene.

I laughed.

But as is prone to happen...

...someone gets mad at someone else's opinion.

Then soon enough someone is holding court to push an agenda on someone who wants no part of it.

The shouting was going on around the bar.

I moved off to the children's table.

Propped up my feet and listened.

"We're gonna' make America great again!"

"Bush sucked."

"Obama was worse!"

"They are all criminals!!"

"I like Bernie!!!"

"Hilary is going to jail!!!"

One of the kids showed me a stuffed animal.

At that point in the evening I might've voted for that fluffy red thing as the next prez.

"Seriously," my niece said later in the night. "I'm gonna' erase my Facebook account. I can't deal with all the political arguments."

The first good idea of the entire evening.

"Make America great again!" Someone shouted from the hallway.

Who are you voting for?

I don't care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie