No Food!

So...finally got the prep work done for the colonoscopy...

...which was a beautiful thing.

First off, Kathy went to the pharmacy to retrieve the medicine needed and she laughed as she handed it to me.

"A twenty-four hour fast?"

And of course, I knew that would be the difficult part of it.

Twenty-four hours without food???

Of course, many people have gone through the procedure and it is nothing whatsoever to whine about...

...but this is me we're talking about!

And food!!

I love food!!

Thankfully, I had a huge plate of Chicken and Sausage Riggies from Rico's in Syracuse the night before the fast began.

A little breakfast and then the fast.

All day long my so-called friends taunted me with photos of my favorite foods.

The friends who were around me told me about their big lunches.

A couple of others unwrapped candy and popped it into their mouths, first asking me if I'd like a piece.

What do you do in such a situation?

I decided to have fun.

I ran a couple of notices on Facebook whining about how feint I was feeling.

That elicited even more taunting.

I laughed at each and every post.

What the hell?

You gotta' go through crap in life (literally) why not laugh a little?

Yet I also thought about the procedure and the lives that it has saved.

No one actually wants to do it, right?

(Never heard anyone brag about scheduling their appointment)

But preventative medicine is a good idea.

Even if you can't drink another ounce of liquid...

...even if you have to go a day without food.

Over 50?

Get it done!

I'm almost through with it all.

Then some food is going to take a real beating somewhere today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie