Banned During Bills Games

It all started when I was out of town for the Bills-Patriots match-up about a month ago.

The Bills lost, but somehow the game was less painful for my boys because I wasn't there chiding them (Hi Kim) as the game went along.

So...

...the next week I asked them:

"Would you like me to watch the first half of the game in my room, or down here with my family?" I asked.

"Watch both halves up there," Sam and Jake said, in unison.

"That hurts," I said. "We need to spend quality time together."

"We'll be all right."

And it all goes back to our pre-season predictions.

Sam had the Bills at 12-4.

Matt said 11-5.

Jake went with 10-6.

I said 8-8.

The Bills are currently at 6 wins and 7 losses and somehow...

...it's all my fault!

This past Sunday the mood was extremely dour around Camp Clifford.

The Bills lost a close game to a bad Philadelphia team.

Immediately following the game all three kids went away for more than an hour.

"Not one word," Sam said when he returned to the living area.

"What did I do?"

"You were right and I was wrong," he mocked. "That's all you want me to say."

I considered his hurt feelings.

"Next year is their year," I said. "For sure."

"You see!! That's why no one wants you around when they play!!!"

I laughed.

The Bills have not qualified for the playoffs in 15 years.

It's soon to be 16.

"Seriously," I said. "I have to be wrong one year, right?"

"Please! Just stop!"

Bills-Redskins next week.

I have a feeling it'll be just me and Melky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie