Dexter

Sam was a big fan of the television series Dexter.

He kept begging me to watch the series about the serial killer who only goes after the bad guys.

I had tried the series a couple of times but only got a few episodes in.

"It's weird," I announced.

We watched House for a long time.

I loved House. The writing was great. The acting was superb and the sarcasm was sharp.

But all good things...

...we finished it.

"What's next?" Kathy asked.

"DEXTER!!!!" Sam screamed.

So...we tried it again.

And this time we are going to make it all the way through.

The Sopranos started off the series idea of rooting for the bad guy. There was no better character than Tony Soprano. Tony was killing people and we were all rooting for him to get away with it!

(R.I.P. Gandolfini - my favorite actor of all-time).

But, back to Dexter.

He preys on the bad guys.

He shows little emotion.

He needs things neat and orderly.

He guards his things!

People think he's a whack-job in his daily life.

"You got a little Dexter in you," my beautiful wife announced halfway through an episode.

"Am I more House or more Dexter?"

"Little of both."

But I do like the series. Television these days is really well done.

Who needs to rent movies anymore?

There are episodes after episodes of great drama just a flick of the button away.

"You like it, right?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. I'm rooting for a serial killer. It's great fun."

What a world we've created.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty