65 Degrees in Buffalo on December 13

So they passed a climate control bill that 195 countries signed up for, huh?

Strange that it is being announced on the weekend when it's 65 degrees in Buffalo just a handful of days before Christmas.

People who don't believe much in climate change will say that the warm temps have nothing to do with it...

...but last year when it was snowing in feet...they said:

"What about global warming?"

I have a tendency to listen to the science dudes because they seem a tad more informed about it than me, but the argument is tired and not even a little interesting anymore.

It would stand to reason to me that the activities of humans, in the last 100 years or so, would cause disruptions of some sort...but I struggled to pass Earth Science because I wasn't much interested as a 9th grader.

My interests are about the same now.

Yet what will happen to the Earth in my children's time or in their children's time?

I won't know!

So.

I'll enjoy the 65 degree day.

"Going golfing," Millie texted me on Saturday.

I thought about it for 10 seconds...then remembered that everything hurt all week long and that I'd sworn to the doc that I would stay off my feet all weekend.

Golfing...in December...in Buffalo.

Perhaps it won't be all bad as the planet heats up.

Everyone can get a few rounds in before all of our faces melt off.

The other thing that the warm weather has done, however, is kind of dull the excitement of Christmas. I spent most of the month of December in California one year and I recall how disappointing it was to think about Santa not being able to use his sleigh.

What the hell do they tell the kids out there?

Reindeer and sleighs don't seem to be much of a fit when it's 85 and sunny.

Anywhoha...

Think of it all this way:

One day without snow now takes one day off the length of winter.

I think back to last February and the fact that every single day was well below 10 degrees.

I recall feeling absolute disdain about having to leave the house.

Long underwear.

Four layers.

I may wear shorts tomorrow.

Global warming is so cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie