Happy Birthday Dad

Spent a lot of the day yesterday thinking of Dad.

He was always ready for his birthday even though he'd always tell us to stay home...

...then he'd tell us not to get him any presents.

We'd get him presents anyway.

Life is a real test, you know?

You spend your life close to your family and then you spend years just missing them when they go.

But it doesn't have to be my Dad's birthday to think of the lessons learned.

He taught all of us the things that we needed to cope.

Work ethic.

Sense of humor.

A touch of craziness.

The big heart.

When we start swapping stories we always come to the same conclusion:

Dad was one of a kind.

On his birthday those stories just enter my mind.

One by one.

And life is rough.

But I have a feeling that I'll laugh a little thinking of Dad again today.

And tomorrow.

And the next day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie