Beer Mile

We caught the new Vacation movie a couple of weeks ago, and while it was nowhere near the level of the original there were a couple of laughs in it.

I actually laughed out loud when Christina Applegate went back to college and tried to complete the obstacle course after chugging a pitcher of beer.

There are days when I long for the college days, but I would be asleep on someone's couch by about ten-thirty...so I could appreciate it.

Well, lo and behold there's a story about a real life runner.

You see it?

81-year-old Elvira Montes of Austin, Texas actually finished a 12-ounce beer and then completed a 400-meter lap.

She had to drink and run the lap four times.

She did it all in a matter of 20:24.

Not bad.

Completing a beer mile at the age of 81?

What is even better about the story is that Elvira beat her daughter's time in the event, by 50 seconds, and her son-in-law couldn't even finish the course.

Elvira admitted that the beer-drinking was the roughest part of it all but she actually chugged the first one before deciding to sip them a little more casually on the rest of the laps around.

I'm pretty sure that she could beat me in the event.

And the fun part?

Looking at the time of the winners in such an event.

The woman who won, Erin O'Mara set a record by finishing the course in 06:08.

That's quick.

The men's winner was Lewis Kent who got it all done in 04:47.

People are running a mile in less than 5 minutes these days?

While drinking four beers?

Wow.

Now that's real talent.

Four beers and a mile?

You'd have to time me with a calendar.

I'd be doing what Christina Applegate did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie