100 Years Ago

I love finding old newspapers because I marvel about what life was like back when.

Someone sent out a post about what life was like just 100 years ago and I was fascinated.

The average life expectancy for men was 47 years.

What will it be 100 years from now?

I guess we won't know, but it's fun to speculate.

The advancements being made every year...will it be possible to go to 150 or so?

Will people in 2115 look back and say:

They only lived to 75?

Only 14% of the homes had bathtubs.

They must have been some stinky bastards.

Most women only washed their hair once a month...they used Boras or egg yolks for shampoo.

Attractive.

The population of Las Vegas was 30.

I'm going to Vegas next month...every time I'm there I wonder about the waste of resources.

100 years ago there were only 30 people living there???

Coffee was 15 cents a pound.

We pay five bucks a cup in some places now!

The average U.S. worker made between two and four hundred dollars a year.

There are members of one political party who believe that it should still be that way!

The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 MPH.

When the idiot in front of me at the E-Z Pass lane slows to 10 to exit it pisses me off to no end.

Only 8% of the homes had a telephone.

Now you get a smart phone for graduating pre-K.

Two out of every 10 people couldn't read or write.

Is that much higher now?

And my favorite stat of the 100 years ago report:

There were about 230 reported murders a year in the United States each year.

Perhaps all that we've learned has actually set us way back.

Can't wait to see what happens in the next 100!

Maybe I will know somehow.

Who the hell knows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie