You Don't Know How to Argue

"Yes, I do."

"No, you don't."

My college roommate and I used to do a little skit based on the 'You don't know how to argue' premise.

Girls didn't hang around with us much when we did it, but Rosie and I laughed a lot while doing it.

The problem is that most people don't know how to argue...and unfortunately that's all people do on social media.

Debating is something that I love to do...we do a lot of it around my house...

But there are some people who flat-out don't get the concept of debating properly.

The argument this week is the same old argument concerning guns.

Here's a bad argument:

Person 1 - "The shooter was a responsible gun owner right up until the moment when he shot ten people. What do we do about that fact?"

Here's the answer:

Person 2 - "People die in car accidents should we take away cars?"

Do you see the problem?

Person 1 asked a direct question.

Person 2 not only didn't answer it...he turned the question on its ear by bringing up something that had nothing to do with the question.

If either Rosie or I were involved we'd tell him:

"You don't know how to argue."

"Yes, I do."

"No, you don't."


Then there are the people who never should be allowed into a debate because writing a complete sentence is a ridiculous concept to them as they use abbreviations and text words that make the point incomprehensible.

Person 1 - "The Bills can't win the Super Bowl with an inexperienced QB.

Person 2 - "I C what U Say, but 2 many people are 2 dum 2 know what I C and U don't."

Uh, what?

That goes on all day on social media.

Then there are my least favorite of the debaters.

(My Dad used to say "You're a master debater.").

(I'd laugh every time).

Anywhoha...

Least favorite:

Person 1 - "The budget problems can be solved with a fiscal understanding of the way taxpayers spend their money." (Or some other sort of wasteful drivel).

Person 2 - "That's why your(sic) a libtard, Obummer lover, because your (sic) too dum (sic) to know when your (sic) being dum (sic)."

Where are you, Rosie?

Let's show these people how to argue!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie