Lamar Odom

Not quite sure that I want the news story to say:

"Cliff was found unresponsive in a Las Vegas brothel."

I said, I'm not quite sure.

But make no mistake, it's a sad story.

Odom was a professional basketball player...a pretty good player, I'm told- by my kids - who watch a lot of the N.B.A.

Odom found huge fame by hanging out and eventually marrying and then leaving one of those freaking Kardashian girls. He was subjected to a life of aggravation as he was invited into their reality world.

Like all the other men that run into one of those girls, he was chewed up and sorta' spit out.

(Or so it seems).

Well, Odom drifted out of the spotlight, I guess.

Except when the reports of his drug use were highlighted on the news.

Until Wednesday.

When he was found unresponsive in a Las Vegas brothel.

The reports are that drugs are the culprit and it sure sounds that way. Cocaine and performing enhancing drugs that are part of visiting a brothel.

Bad news all the way around.

Odom couldn't fit in the Mercy Flight.

His heart is quitting.

His kidneys are shutting down.

And all the celebrities are coming out of the woodwork to talk about how much they love Odom.

"Where were they when he was strung out on drugs?" My son asked me.

Yeah.

They love him now.

I feel for the guy.

Think about it in the context of his life.

He was a superstar in high school and college. He made millions. He became a television star.

And then he fell.

Flat on his face.

Sad story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie