Happy Birthday, Cliffy!

Was just hanging around on Friday night when I saw a Twitter note about the anniversary of The River CD release from Springsteen.

They're finally putting out the box set.

Of course, the greatest news was that there were going to be some outtakes from the session - songs that didn't make the cut.

Bruce songs that I'd never heard before!

Then I got a text.

"Did you get the song they released today?"

I went straight to iTunes and 30 seconds later I had the song:

Meet Me In the City.

A half an hour after that and I had the lyrics memorized after listening to it about a dozen times.

Do I have to say it?

It's a great song!

I smiled when I heard the Clarence solo in the middle of the song.

(RIP Big Man).

Then I thought about the fact that it was presented to me just a couple of days before my 51st birthday.

"Fifty-one? Really?" My boss, who is a good friend, said. "You look great for 70!"

And I must admit to feeling a lot run down lately.

But I'm alive and I'm feeling all right.

No Yankees home runs on my birthday this year, but what the people busting on me don't understand is that I have a great memory...

...and a room full of Yankees plaques.

So, Happy Birthday, Cliffy.

The pasta will be good today.

Because you'll make the sauce.

Thanks for the song, Bruce.

Thanks for the love, family and friends.

I'm a lucky man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty