Should Be A Blast


Getting ready for the blast.

Gates Hospital will be reduced to rubble this morning and the thing about it is that months of work has gone into something that will be over in just a matter of seconds.

I had a chance to talk to the supervisor of the crew that was setting the explosives and the one question that I thought to ask him was:

"Is it fun?"

The man explained that he enjoyed the challenge of making sure that the explosives are properly set so that the building comes down in a safe manner.

He then started to explain the process to me and I nodded a lot.

He was, after all, talking to a man who has to get help to put those cardboard mailer boxes ready.


But I was interested enough to listen to how the explosives are installed around the columns.

Of course, as the safety guy for the project I had my own concerns, but I didn't ask the explosives guy too many questions.

I was real confident that he knew what he was doing.

"How many buildings have you brought down?" I asked.

"About 500, I guess," he said.

Then he paused for a moment.

"And yeah."

"It's still fun."

Should be a blast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie