Sam!!!!!!

Sam loves to be around the house.

Through his first 15 and a half years he has always made the decision to stick around Camp Clifford.

He doesn't sleep at his friend's houses...he invites them here instead of going there.

He explained that he's happy with his bed, his dogs, the food and drink we have at his fingertips, his television, and his role in the family.

Which is good because he's the heartbeat of the house.

He's also the kid who runs around getting shit for us.

"SAM!"

"Can you grab me a blanket?"

"Can you get me a water?"

"The dogs have to go out."

"Check the mail."

"SAM!"

So what's the problem, you ask?

Sam is on a trip to visit his cousins.

My beautiful sister was his traveling companion and I could almost hear the laughter of those two together.

(They really make each other laugh).

But Sam is certainly missed around here.

There were a lot of groans as my beautiful wife, my other sons and I had to get up off our asses during the evening hours to get our own drinks and blankets...and don't even bring up the subject of the dogs.

"Where's Sam?" I asked Paris a few times.

Poor Pair-Pair went to his room...

...just plain confused that the kid who never leaves the house was not in the house.

Maybe I can train the dog to open the 'fridge or let the other dog out.

But Sam was looking forward to spending time with his Aunts and his cousins.

His sense of family is tremendous and the one thing that brings me more satisfaction than anything else in this life is to hear all three boys playing together and laughing and even fighting a little bit.

I know, from years of experience, that nothing feels better than blood on blood.

So.

We'll muddle through.

Bah.

I'm out of water.

SAM!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty