No Emotion

Another school shooting.

A number of casualties.

An afternoon of horrified accounts by people who were unlucky enough to be there, but lucky enough to survive.

And the same old tired responses.

Shocked and Horrified.

Thoughts and Prayers.

Gun-free zones.

Mental Health.

We Need More Guns.

And then the even more tired arguments:

Libtard.

2nd Amendment.

NRA.

Obama.


Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah fucking blah.

When CNN flashed the report of the shooting as news to me.

I just glanced.

Then went about my day.

No emotion.

No shock.

I didn't even think to pray.

Just too busy to think about it. Didn't have a thought that might matter anyway. Didn't want to know the shooter's name. Didn't care about why they think he did it.

Doesn't matter.

But I can't NOT feel.

I'm part of the community of people who are horrified by a shooting such as yesterday's shooting.

It's as horrendous as the last one...and the one before that...and the one before that...and...

...the next one.

And then I did pray...

...for acceptance...

...on the part of those who lost loved ones yesterday morning.

For no reason.

Other than that we (the collective we...on all sides of this damn issue)...

...can't just seem to show enough true emotion to just make it stop.

Make it stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie