I Broke Down

Back years ago around 1998 I made a deal with my kids.

Matt, being the oldest of the dopes...and the only one actually coherent at that time - (Sam wasn't even here!) got to decide on 4 teams to choose to win a championship.

If any of those teams won one...they would get a pool.

Matt chose:

1). The Buffalo Sabres

2). The Buffalo Bills

3). The Charlotte Hornets

4). The Oakland A's


I tried to explain to him that the idea behind it was to actually get a pool and that he should probably choose the Yankees...but he had his mind made up.

The Sabres almost actually got there immediately, but lost in the finals.

The Bills...well...sorry to kick a franchise when it's down...haven't been in a playoff game since '99.

The Hornets aren't even there anymore...that choice has turned into the New Orleans Pelicans (Matt is a strange bird).

And the Oakland A's finished dead last and look down for a while. They did make me nervous a couple of times, but despite having a movie made about how great they were in losing to the Yankees...

Had Matt chosen the Yankees on that day in '98...they would have had 4 pools.

Anywhoha...

End result:

Nothing wet to soak your body in!

Until yesterday.

I relaxed the rule.

A hot tub became available and I was asked by my nephew, James, if we wanted it.

"If you bring it to me and set it up," I said.

"Deal."

(My nephew forgot more about building things and fixing things than I ever knew).

A couple of hours later...

...the water was getting warm.

At the precise time when the tub was being set up, the Bills were falling behind the Jags 27-3.

The boys were livid.

I felt badly for them.

"Well, you got a hot tub," I mentioned.

"Shut-up!" they said in unison.

I can't wait to soak my tired legs!

But I'm thinking there will always be a kid in the tub!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie